Thread: Super Bowl Food
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 07:03 AM
*<[:{) Ho ho ho!!!

Last Achievements

Thanked 70,020 Times in 13,916 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Buffalo Wings

I do homemade Buffalo Wings its really simple you will need:
2 bottles of Buffalo sauce (My preference is Texas Pete's Buffalo Sauce)
White Vinegar
Garlic Powder
Crushed Red Pepper
Optional habenero sauce
4lbs Chicken Wings (I have used frozen most of the time)
2TBS of butter

Put wings in a large bowl
In another bowl pour enough white vinegar to cover the bottom of the bowl with a quarter of an inch dump whole bottle of wing sauce in a few shakes of garlic powder and red pepper, and if you like HOT add 6-8 drops of habenero sauce stir and dump over wings cover bowl and shake over wings do that every few hours (the shaking)
let it marinate 12-24 hours in fridge

On a large cookie sheet with edges line it with aluminum foil and spray liberally with cooking spray, put wings single layer and bake 45 min at 425 degrees
turning wings half way through cooking time

Now in a bowl mix the vinegar 2nd jar of Buffalo sauce and spices (just like the first step) put to the side

after the wings come out of oven if the skin looks fatty take a frying pan melt the butter and put the wings in to get a little crisper as you finish crisping them dump the sauce mix in to heat it up and put in a serving dish, bowl and enjoy serve with celery and blue cheese dressing if you like