Eggnog Bread Pudding
I saw this recipe in Woman's Day and thought someone might like it.
4 large eggs
1 qt canned or refrigerated eggnog
10 slices raisin-cinnamon swirl bread
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2 qt. shallow baking dish with non-stick spray.
2. Whisk eggs in a large bowl until blended. Whisk in eggnog.
3. Cut 4 slices bread in 1 inch cubes; arrange over bottom of prepared dish. Pour half the eggnog mixture over the top. Cut remaining slices diagonally in half; arrange decoratively on top. Pour remaining eggnog mixture over all.
4. Bake, uncovered, for 55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar, if desired.
* add ground or freshly grated nutmeg to eggnog mixture
*sprinkle with chocolate chips before baking
*soak golden raisin and dried cherry blend in rum and scatter over bread cubes