View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 07:30 PM
Formally xrockchild

Last Achievements

Adam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the tree
Yes Michaels and other craft stores have either premade wood, foam or metal frames. Some with small twigs others with large twigs etc.

Here is one I did with smaller twigs for fall. I simply weaved the leaves in and out. I secured some of the branches to the frame with green floral wire hiding under the leaves. Same with the little decorative balls. I can post a larger version if you want. All the supplies were at Michaels, I would signup for coupons on their site so it's cheaper. It can be expensive depending on the foliage that you would like to use.

If you have any specific questions, let me know. What I normally do is pick out the frame I want to use. I take it over to the floral area, choose a base item (like the leaves I use) and decide on one or two accessories (berries, ribbon etc).

For a Xmas wreathe you could do a few things:
There are some great different pine branches you can get around xmas time (some plain, some with light snow or little crystal beads).
I would buy one or two depending on how FULL you want it. You can always go back to the store.

Cut the branches off and either wire them to the frame and hot glue additional branches to cover the wire or hot glue all the branches on it. OR you can sort of wrap it around the actual frame and cut off the excess braches.

You can add little crystal bead like things, add pine cones and other little berries, or add faux snow to it by doing it in light coats. You can spray glue adhesive and add actual faux snow bits to the greenery and the pinecones (sprinkle it on so there are certain sections with MORE snow).

You can do a kids one and add cute little things to it like small presents, mini nutcrackers, etc.

A few tips is to decide how much color. I would stick to one to three colors max and try to incorporate those colors. Like greenery with silver and gold or silver and red (or maroon) or gold and red etc. Or if its a kids one, lots of colors are totally fine. Silver and pink go great together depending on who the wreath is for. You can do all kinds of stuff, walk around the store and hold things up to other things until you come up with some neat ideas. You can even add small and large round ornaments meant for a xmas tree to a wreath!

For wreath images, just google it and see what you can find for inspiration!

Let me know how it goes!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fall_wreathsmall.jpg (18.9 KB, 0 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Adam For This Useful Post:
Courtney (08-30-2010), Faith4always (08-17-2010), MrsEd (08-28-2010), One Spoiled Brat (08-30-2010), xmas365 (08-17-2010)