View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 06:01 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 4,781 Times in 1,184 Posts
Snow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristmasHeart View Post
Oh...what a lovely thread!

I have two...

The first one was many years ago. First I need to tell you...when my Grammie passed away when I was 13, the day she went to Heaven I wrote a poem in honour of her entitled, "My Grandmother Meant the World to Me". She was so very special to me - and to this day when I think of her I feel soooooooo much love and tears come to my eyes.

Fast forward a few years to when I was 18...I had two beautiful baby boys (Matthew was 1 at the time and Michael was 4 months old). It was Christmas morning and I opened a gift from my Mom. She had the poem I wrote engraved on a plaque with a note from my Mom saying this: "Your Grammie always thought that you were the one that's going to make it in life"! Well...I'm crying right now just thinking about that!

The second most heart-felt gift I received was, again, from my Mom just a couple of years ago. On Christmas Day when the family was all together, I openened one of the gifts from my Mom and it was a photo album of when my boys were babies!!! Well...I sat there a bawled my eyes out!!! I didn't have a camera back then so I didn't have any pictures of my dear sweet boys!

It goes to show you that the best things in life do not have a big price tag...and the BEST things in life are FREE!!! Like hugs.
That is such a beautiful thing, it brught tears to my eyes and I never met your Grammie. Thanks for sharing that.

They must be listening to The Greasy Skillet Show. Hosted by RadioJonD! Every Saturday night 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM Eastern time!
The Following User Says Thank You to Snow-in-Texas For This Useful Post:
ChristmasHeart (08-21-2010)