View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 04:33 PM
Mistress of Home & Decor

Last Achievements

MrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the tree
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonie View Post
This year I am going to make - Jams, Chutney, Pin cushions, Aprons, Oven Gloves, Cookies, Christmas Cakes. I am not going to buy any presents everyone is getting homemade this year.

I love the sound of those spiced nuts in jars that have been mentioned - does anyone know where I can find a good recipe please??
Here is a spiced nuts recipe that I use:

1 egg white
2 tablespoons cold water
2/3 cup walnut halves
2/3 cup pecan halves
2/3 cup whole almonds
1/2 cup sugar (you can substitute Splenda for baking)
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

Directions
1.Beat egg white and water until frothy. Stir nuts into mixture to coat, then drain slightly in a colander, 3-4 minutes. Mix sugar and spices in a plastic bag. Add nuts and shake to coat. Spread wet nut mixture in a single layer on a microwave-safe plate; microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes, or until mixture is bubbly. Stir.
2.Microwave another 1 1/2 minutes. Remove; stir to separate. Cool. Store in a sealed container.