09-25-2010, 08:04 PM
Corn Casserole Supreme
- 1 pound bacon 1/2 cup butter 1/2 medium onion, chopped 1/2 cup chopped celery 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour 2 cups sour cream 2 pounds fresh corn (or frozen corn, thawed) Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Cook the bacon, then chop it into bite-size pieces and set it aside.
Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Sauté the onion, celery, and peppers until soft. Stir in the flour, then the sour cream, until well combined. Add the corn and most of the bacon bits and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into a 9- by 13-inch baking dish and sprinkle on the remaining bacon bits and the parsley. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, until lightly browned. (Note: for a lower-fat version of this casserole, use half the bacon, butter, and flour). Serves 6 to 8
My Christmas Friend
Last edited by Rob; 09-25-2010 at 08:06 PM.