Thread: My Nana
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 07:48 PM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,448 Times in 9,243 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristmasSpirit76 View Post
I'm sitting here listening to christmas radio, Silent Night and I realize that was one of my Nana's favorite songs. I lost my Nana(my best friend, my second mom, and partner in crime) 3 months ago. I am still devastated and still have a hard time comprehending this. At 33 years old I should probably be handling this better but it is so hard especially thinking of Christmas, It was both of our favorite time of year. I guess I'm just wondering how others have coped with losing a loved one and celebrating your first birthday and christmas without them. Thanks for listening.
Hi ChristmasSpirit76, first let me tell you how sorry I am for your loss. Your Nana obviously meant a lot to you so don't be hard on yourself for not "handling it better." There is no time line when we lose someone but 3 months is a very short time when someone passes. We never get over it, just learn to live with it, at least that is the way I have always felt. Christmas inevitably brings back feelings and memories we may have forgotten. I lost my first husband 18 years ago in November. I was just 38. We had no children, it was just us and he too was my best friend and partner in crime. Though husband and wife are different from grandma and granddaughter, it is still a close bond. David and I as I mentioned were BEST FRIENDS. There is no tried and true rule. You just take one day at a time and that is all you can do. If you don't feel like celebrating, then scale back. If you do feel like celebrating, do. I am sure your Nana would probably like you to ! Don't feel guilty for having happy feelings. I have learned grief is an up and down process and one that just takes time. We do not forget those we love. We just learn to keep them in our hearts rather than the "visible" world. I truly believe they are still with us, we just can't see them here ! Perhaps you could start a blog here on the MMC site. Expressing our feelings at times of stress and grief helps immensely. I have a blog and I express my feelings in it and very often it is about the family I have lost and believe it or not, it does help. It is your blog and nobody is going to criticize what you write so don't worry about just "letting loose" when you write. I hope you will feel better soon. I have been there and I know what you are going through.

Take care now, okay ?? And if you want to PM me, I will be more than happy to talk to you whenever you need it if I can help.

Blessings.

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
ChristmasSpirit76 (09-27-2010), TamaraQT (09-29-2010)