View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 10:01 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,411 Times in 5,615 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristmasKid77 View Post
I just picked up "Hope for the holidays: Best of Bob Hope Christmas" and "Abbot & Costello Christmas" which I think are some skits from the old Colgate Variety Hour.

This are the last 2 discs I bought, and they came about 2 wks ago. I havent watched them yet...holding out for a bit more, but soon enough.

What was the last thing you purchased?
If that's the Abbott & Costello show where Lou gives Bud a scalp treatment following directions given on the radio ... you're going to love it. A VERY funny bit. (I won't tell you what's "Christmas" about it, because it would be a spoiler.) That's available in a colorized version. It's from one of their Colgate Comedy Hour live broadcasts in the 1950s and is a favorite in our house.

The most recent DVD I got was a couple of kinescopes of holiday broadcasts of "Your Hit Parade" from the 1950s. They perform the top songs of the week, as usual, but stage them with a Christmas twist. I nearly fell off the sofa when I saw them do "Papa Loves Mambo" as Santa and his missus doing the mambo!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!