View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
Regarding that link I mentioned in this thread the other day:

http://star929.fm/Christmas-Music/8456469

They started that contest yesterday. I thought they would be playing one Christmas song per hour, but no, it's one Christmas song per day. They make you listen all day for the Christmas song, then you call in to try and win Christmas Cash.

Anyway, the Christmas song they played yesterday was "It's the Most Wonderful Time of The Year" by Andy Williams. Thus, that's the first Christmas song played for this holiday season in this area! I always like to try to catch the first song they play for the season...

Actually, that song was a bit of a predictable choice for the radio station, since Andy Williams' "Moon River Theater" is a popular attraction in nearby Branson, MO.

Also, I noticed that KGBX 105.9 is calling themselves "THE Christmas Music Station", while Star 92.9 is calling themselves "The OFFICIAL Christmas Music Station". I love the rivalry between these two stations. Too bad neither has truly flipped the switch over to Holiday format just yet.