View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 06:40 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,021 Times in 940 Posts
momnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companion
Quote:
Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post
I was born in 1954 and Christmas decorations were a lot different when I was growing up than they are now, of course. I guess the one decoration I remember is a tree topper my dad had gotten when I was maybe 8 or 9. It looked like a star but the center of it was round and inside that there was a color wheel that went around when it was plugged in and projected pretty colored lights all over the room !! It was not the prettiest thing to look at but it made the neatest effects !!! I also have an ornament I used to just LOVE from when I was a kid. An Old ornament from the 1940s when our country was at war. It is made of plastic because the glass at that time was used for the war effort. It is purple and has writing on one side that says X-Mas Greetings and on the other side candles.

I always mention it when asked about Christmas past because my mom gave it to me. It is one of the most precious items to me that I own.
What a treasure this must be. Thanks for sharing such precious memories.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to momnan30 For This Useful Post:
Annette1990 (03-22-2011), Christmasstar (07-05-2011), lauriebear (07-25-2011), rodmonster (07-22-2011)