View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 01:22 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,641 Times in 584 Posts
whitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnog
Adult family members: I pay attention to things they say they'd like to have. Sometimes I just buy ahead & have birthday, Mother's Day, & Father's Day presents bought ahead of time too!

My MIL always tells me things she or FIL need/want & sometimes months ahead of time. She knows I'm a planner! I just gave her something for Mothers Day that I've had since Veteran's Day that she admired in a store when we were shopping! She always wants a list from us, especially now that we have DD. I keep a list on the computer year round & give it to her around Thanksgiving. She takes grandchildren to Wal-Mart or K-Mart to the toy section. They show her everything they want and she makes notes. Later she goes back and picks out a few things they wanted. We get little surprises too, so we don't know everything we're getting!

Child family members: Sorry, you are getting clothes unless your mom says otherwise! I just ask the parent's what size. Now the kids are getting older & like certain brands, so I either buy from that store or give a gift card for that store.

Other gifts: I just pick something I think they would like. I don't mind if they re-gift, because I sometimes re-gift too!

DH refuses to tell somebody what he wants unless he REALLY wants it. He said "It's the thought that counts, so I shouldn't have to tell you what I want." However, he is the one who is never excited at Christmas and sometimes never uses something he got because he doesn't like it. I never know what to get DH because if he wants something, he usually just goes and buys it himself. Last year I really paid attention & he had more gifts under the tree than DD did! He was really surprised and seemed to love it all! I wish I could do that well every year. Bless him, he usually buys me things that he would like to have...I guess it really IS the thought that counts!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whitney37354 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (06-05-2011), happyelf (05-24-2011)