View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 06:38 AM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 45,292 Times in 7,251 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I'd like to try agave nectar some day. What I have been doing is cutting up to half of the sugar that is called for in a recipe. One of the chocolate chip cookie recipes I make calls for 1 cup of white sugar and 1 cup of brown, packed. I use 1/2 cup of each and the brown sugar isn't packed. They are still on the sweet side - next time I'm cutting a bit more of the white - it takes some experimenting to find the appropriate sweetness and texture!

There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas ~ Charles Dickens