View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 12:24 PM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,408 Times in 809 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Sage View Post
Auntie your nightshirt and Christmas corner sound great! What's in the corner, if I may be so bold as to enquire?
Okay so picture it . . . On a round table next to the long dresser there is a festive tablecloth resembling a Christmas quilt with reindeer prancing, snowflakes and pine trees with clumps of snow and yes, cardinals and holly too. Leaning on one wall (record enthusiasts skip this line) is the story and soundtrack album from the movie (Rankin and Bass) T'was the Night Before Christmas. Leaning against another wall is my Charles Dicken's book (consisting of four popular stories including of course A Christmas Carol) and in front of it is the smaller book the Christmas Box and there are two tiny snowmen figurines with deer nestled around them, there's a fabric Angel and a Fabric Santa and a wooden Elf holding a tiny puppet in his wooden hand. There's Chrsitmas scented potpourri in a heart-shaped holder (made for a candle) and hanging from a post on the long mirror is a Santa pouch containing more potpourri and on the other post my Whoville hat. There's a festive cookie tin in red with gold snowflakes and resting on top are two candy cane tea light holders (made from molded iron) and the Globe of the world so I can remember all the places Santa likes to visit. There's also a small plate with artificial snow scattered about with a little glitter and in the centre is an apple and cinnamon scented candle (ummm -smells like apple pie) and last, but not least - hanging from the ceiling (where a plant should be), there's a painted flat sleigh with a caricature of Father Christmas (my dad made it). A wee bit of Christmas still present and accounted for at Auntie's place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowMaiden1018 View Post

here ya go!!!
Thanks, that was delicious! More mashed potatoes with creamy butter, please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntieMistletoeDear View Post
I hope to get a wee bit of shopping done tomorrow.
Well that didn't happen. I guess I'll go shopping next weekend instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown 84 View Post
Hello, folks!

Ah, poor Carl! He's devastated again! Locked himself in the barn and won't come out. Two homes gone just like that. He keeps saying "Woe is me. What's the use?"
Oh, well, I'm sure he will come around again at some point and get to know the nice people new people here. (And maybe do some visiting!)
I sure hope Carl the camel cheers up soon. It's terribly depressing when he can't be his old "gettin' into trouble" self. Tell him that many of his friends are here and he doesn't have to be shy. I don't think anyone here will even mention the that he's an imaginary camel who travels to visit jolly members all year.

Tell him it's safe!