View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 02:33 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,275 Times in 5,591 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
For me, the recipe is (1) Ghirardelli ground chocolate and milk, or (2) cocoa, sugar, and milk. I'll make it with 2% milk, but whole milk makes it better. Maybe add a few drops of vanilla extract, or a dollop of Reddi-Whip on top. I can't go back to the powdered mix + water.

If you want to split more hairs:
hot cocoa = made with baking cocoa
hot chocolate = made with melted solid chocolate

Here's a tip I've mentioned before---if you love your hot cocoa, find thee a Cocomotion. This is an appliance made by Mr. Coffee that looks like a blender. Put in the cocoa/powdered mix and liquid of your choice, push the button, and it stirs and heats the mixture until it's done. You can make one to four cups. Easy to wash, too! My Cocomotion sits on my kitchen counter all winter, ready and waiting. We've given several as gifts, and the recipients ALWAYS tell us how much they love it.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-20-2011), MsChristmas (07-18-2011), One Spoiled Brat (07-15-2011)