View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 07:23 PM
...and Noel's mama, too!

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,926 Times in 1,651 Posts
judesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Westover View Post
What a great topic!

Personally, to those who would be silly enough to argue over this I would say learn a little about chocolate.

First of all, powedered chocolate can be just fine -- if you get the right kinds. Things like Swiss Miss are mass market stuff with lots of things beyond chocolate and milk solids in it. To me, that's stuff you camp with when you need to fit it in a backpack. That isn't serious cocoa.

But, when you have something like Stephens, for example, well, you're dealing with real chocolate.

"Cocoa" doesn't come from chocolate bars. That's just goofy. Cocoa or chocolate, in it's raw form, is a powder before it becomes a chocolate bar.

So using a "powder" is no sin. It just depends what that powder is made from.
And yes - this is true! When I say "anti-powder" I mean MIX. I will def use cocoa powder if I don't have chocolate on hand.
The Following User Says Thank You to judesmama For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-20-2011)