View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 09:18 AM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Storeytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
This countdown will be hard to understand for someone who doesn't go through the scorching Texas summers. This is why mine starts in the Summer.

Here's how it goes - - We'll be cruising along with nothing much to remind me about Christmas except my Christmas music radio stations and playlists. The heat deprives all brain cells and senses of anything but survive-the-heat-mode.

About July, ESPN Classic starts showing college football games from the previous year. - - - This gets me in the mood for this year's college football season - - - College football reminds me that in a month or so, that first cool breeze is going to blow in that we haven't felt since the previous year. - - - That gets my mind wrapped around that anxious feeling you have when you know Christmas is coming. - - - Then, around Halloween the Christmas feeling kicks in full gear.

Another seasonal countdown clock I use is Walmart. We live in a very small town and Walmart is the main shopping facility. About August, I start watching the fabric department for the annual Fall colors in fabrics, flowers, candles, etc. When I see those I know it won't be long.
Seawaters (08-17-2011), xmas365 (08-14-2011)