The Best Whole Chicken In A Crock Pot
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne (red) pepper
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 large chicken
1. Combine the dried spices in a small bowl
2. Loosely chop the onion and place it in the bottom of the slow cooker
3. Remove any giblets from the chicken and then rub the spice mixture all over. You can even put some of the spices inside the cavity and under the skin covering the breasts.
4. Put prepared chicken on top of the onions in the slow cooker, cover it, and turn it on high. There is no need to add any liquid.
5. Cook 4-5 hours (for a 3-4 pound chicken) or until the chicken is falling off the bone. Enjoy!
recipe from 100 days of real food