View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 04:23 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Spyells is a good elfSpyells is a good elfSpyells is a good elfSpyells is a good elfSpyells is a good elfSpyells is a good elf
There are just so many things! I don't even know where to start!!!

We always get our Christmas tree in the second week of December. It normally takes us a week to decorate it. I really enjoy decorating the tree.

We start Christmas shopping by the first week of December. If it's a good year we'll start in mid-November. I love Christmas shopping although I hate regular shopping.

Listening to Christmas music is awesome! I begin listening in mid-October or mid-November. It depends on the year.

I always decorate the inside of the house a week before Christmas. I put out pine cones, little santa's, small angels, small Christmas trees, etc. I also put the Christmas table cloth on the table on Christmas Eve.

Gingerbread House!!! I make a Gingerbread House every year. I love the fresh smell of Gingerbread. Sometimes I also make Gingerbread cookies.

I enjoy wrapping presents while listening to Christmas music. I'm the official present wrapper in my house. I wrap everyone's gifts except my own. I love seeing what everyone is going to get.

We also leave out cookies for Santa. Even though my brothers are old enough to know Santa isn't real now, we still do it as a tradition.

Cooking Christmas dinner is so fun. We start cooking Dec. 23 and we normally don't finish until around midnight on Christmas Eve. I cook with my Mom and Grandma and the atmosphere in the house is so nice. There is so much laughter and we play Christmas music as we cook. Every year my brothers will sneak a taste test when they think we aren't looking.

Spending time with my family is the most fun. I enjoy seeing my little brothers eyes light up when they go to the Christmas tree Christmas morning and see the presents. It was adorable when they were little because they ran straight to the cookie plate to see if Santa had eaten the cookies.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I enjoy watching all the Christmas cartoons. My favorite is a Charlie Brown Christmas. My favorite scene is Linus telling Charlie Brown the meaning of Christmas.
"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:11 KJV

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spyells For This Useful Post:
Holiday (10-15-2013), One Spoiled Brat (10-17-2011), snowflake22 (10-15-2013)