View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 08:31 AM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Storeytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I voted on the whole 100 song play list last year. I kept a lot of the ones in that I knew were going to be there but just added a little more Bing and traditional music. It didn't seem to make any difference.

I have written my local station before (PBR out of Killeen - knct) and asked them to start a little earlier. They used to start earlier but had started one week before Christmas the previous year. I don't know if my letter had any affect or not, but they went back to starting earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
Once again B-101, WBEB 101.1, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania has a poll (for the gullible who believe) about when to start and what songs to play for Christmas. Yes, you choose the tunes from their very limited list that they will be playing regardless.

Start date choices are:

Right Now
November 1st
November 15th
Thanksgiving Day
December 1st

Now, what do you really think B-101 would do if one million people voted "Right Now" in the next twenty-four hours? Has anyone ever even seen the poll results posted on the webpage?

From the webpage:

B101 is Philadelphia’s Christmas Music Station. Please tell us what songs we should (and shouldn’t) play this holiday season. Listeners choose every song we play on B101.
RadioJonD (10-16-2011)