View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 05:17 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,358 Times in 5,935 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
That is just way too coolarity for school! If I lived close enough I would crash that party!
If you're ever in the neighborhood, we'll give you a Christmas show regardless of what time of year it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
Every year I record radio shows like most folks DVR/Tivo TV shows. Recording radio is a lot harder though since there arenít radio guides like there are TV guides. Thereís not a one button set device like a DVR to record audio either.

I have to use a computer program, recordable DVD player, a VHS video cassette recorder (yes, one can capture just audio on those too), and an older six tandem audio cassette recorder. All but the audio cassette recorder have to have the time manually programmed and matched to the source (radio or computer). The audio and video cassettes are mainly for back-up these days although I have to use them at times to record from one source while the computer and/or DVD recorder record from another.

Some shows will be archived online after they air. These I simply download to a hard drive later. This year I plan to use an online service called DAR.fm to capture some programming as well! DAR is the closest thing to DVR for radio going these days.

I must end up with over one hundred hours of diverse Christmas programming from public radio and internet sources. That includes two 24 hour Christmas radio marathon shows! To date, Iím the only one I know that has this seasonal obsession.

Speaking of archived online Christmas programming! That's a whole year thing though.
Any idea how many hours of Christmas music you have?? It's hard to imagine anyone having a larger collection ...

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (09-12-2012), RadioJonD (10-25-2011)