View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
I was born and raised in Illinois, a mile from the Wisconsin border, 50 miles south of Milwaukee, and 50 miles north of Chicago. I have lived on both coasts of the United States and I now live in the northeast corner of Arizona, right in the middle of a desert. We recieved snow last Friday and Saturday and it is still nice and white out.

Our first Christmas tradition is to watch the Macy's Day Parade to watch for Santa Claus. On Christmas Eve we would go to our Godparents homes (4) and we would get a present from each of them, usually pajamas and a coloring book and crayons. We would go home and listen to the radio to hear where Santa was, and then hear how the Air Force was sent out to shoot this UFO down. Then they would see Rudolph and they would veer away from Santa.

Christmas morning we would rush to the tree and open the presents and then go to our Grandmother's home to have a family reunion with all the aunts and uncles and cousins. Food, games, laughter and a lot of dishes to do. Sometime later when I was older, we would go ice skating after Christmas dinner.

Today the only tradition I keep is the Macy's Day Parade. I don't have any other family around me so I keep the memories close and treasure each and every one. I love the inspiration of the first snowfall, the chill in the air. Watching little children sit on Santa's lap, the look of wonderment at the presents, lights and ornaments. MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!