View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 08:32 PM
Mistress of Home & Decor

Last Achievements

MrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the tree
I feel that I was very lucky growing up. I was raised, and still am, Catholic. My mother believed that we should not only understand our Catholic faith but learn about and understand other religions. We not only celebrated Christmas and Easter, but learned about and participated in Hanukkah and Passover. We read about other faiths and even lack of faith. I still enjoy reading about religions. It is because of how my parents raised me that I can appreciate how other's celebrate. However, tell me that I can't or shouldn't say Merry Christmas and you will get an argument from me. I am not insensitive to the fact that there are other faiths and beliefs by doing so. In fact, I chose to say "Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays", which acknowledges the fact that not everyone celebrates Christmas, yet still allows me to express MY beliefs.

I agree with Jeff that it isn't a war on Christmas, but a war on religion. As a Catholic, I often feel the sting of peoples insensitive comments about my beliefs. I don't push my beliefs on others. I choose to live by example. Yes, I am Catholic, and I'm not ashamed to say it. I do hope, without knowing my religion or beliefs, that when people think of me they think, "Kathy is a good person. She's kind, generous, and has made a positive imact on my life". I think THAT is what I want to leave as my legacy.
Christmasstar (12-15-2011), CJ498 (12-14-2011), frostyman (12-14-2011), gabulldawg (12-15-2011), justme324 (12-15-2011), lilnoelelf (12-15-2011), made582 (12-15-2011), Meceka (12-16-2011), Spyells (12-15-2011)