View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 09:12 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,275 Times in 5,591 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I just found out today that a complete kinescope of the original "The Stingiest Man in Town" (1956) was finally discovered, and it is now out on DVD. For years, no complete kinescope (a film of a live broadcast made by filming the image on a TV monitor) was believed to exist, so it's exciting that one was found. I just discovered the cast album earlier this year, so I'm thrilled that I can see the film that goes with it! We ordered a copy and it should be on our doorstep before Christmas! (Note: The original live broadcast was in color, but the kinescope is black and white.)

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Superfreak3 (12-18-2011)