View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 11:20 AM
Had enough snow, thanks.
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,742 Times in 1,081 Posts
MerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to others
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
It always astonishes and saddens me when I read of people taking down their trees and decorations, sometimes as soon as today. If not today, certainly before New Year.

All my life - both here and in Canada - Christmas has stayed until 12th Night (January 5th or 6th, depending on your viewpoint; we do January 5th) and it gives you a chance to get used to the idea!!

That said, we generally put everything up later than you do, so I guess it sort of balances out........sort of!!!

Because it's already done in so many other countries, just say you've decided to join the international jetset and observe their customs of Christmas!!!!!!!!

I just found out a few days ago that the early Catholic Church celebrated
Christmas all the way up until Candlemas (the Purification of Mary in the Temple), which is February 2nd. We are seriously considering extending our celebrations to the same date. It would be great for my family, because we are never in a hurry to take our decorations down.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MerryBells For This Useful Post:
CJ498 (01-03-2012), made582 (01-01-2012), Seawaters (12-27-2011), snowflake22 (03-09-2014)