View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 01:01 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,207 Times in 2,270 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
Drake is back with an online listen link!

From the webpage:

The 18th Annual The Night Before on XPN

24 nonstop hours on the 24th day of December!

From midnight to midnight December 24, 2011

Robert Drake here – excited to once again host The Night Before on XPN!

It was 18 years ago when WXPN came to me, with those puppy-dog eyes, hoping that I'd fill in on December 24. Seems no one was available, and in those days before digital, you needed a body to oversee any programming. So, I agreed - as long as they gave me complete freedom to spin an aural web of sounds of the season - direct from my collection of holiday tunes. What they didn't know was that I had already developed a fascination for Christmas songs. Not the burnt cookies anyone can hear up and down the dial in December. My collection was chock-full of unique nuggets - some not given the light of day for decades.

So, they agreed to give me three hours and I delivered. The three hours went to four - which went to six and then to twelve, to celebrate twelve years of tradition! In 2007 management asked what I planned to do to top my 12-hour marathon the previous year. I said, how 'bout 24 hours?! After checking my pulse and temperature - just to be sure I wasn't babbling under some illness - they agreed. So, for the last four years, I've been on the air for 24-nonstop hours.

Make request on The Jingle Line at 215-573-WXPN
Starting point for Drake's playlist. Don't pay any attention to the show names listed by the hour.
xmas365 (12-29-2011)