View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 03:55 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

sgrover has disabled reputation
Well, we just remodeled our living room, so I guess these are my plans for this year. The room is 25 x 15, and sort of partitioned off with furniture to be living room/office. I'm going to put the big tree, 7 1/2', pre-lit with multi-colored lights, in the office section, in front of the two large windows. That tree has all sorts of decorations, mostly shiny and glittery, with glass or plastic icicles hanging. I have a big lit up star on the top. My living room is all antiques, and so I am putting a little tabletop tree in there, with those lights that look like candles, and all antique blown glass ornaments, popcorn and cranberry garldand, and an antique steeple on top. That will go in the corner. I also want to get those candles that you put in the windows. Now that the room has gone from 4 outlets to 14, I can plug, plug, plug, plug! I tried the battery ones, they failed miserably, so I'm excited to get the plug in ones this year. We've also got a fireplace surround around the projection TV. My husband insisted on getting this big, black monstrosity, and it stuck out like a sore thumb among all my antiques, so my hubby said, "I can fix that!" and built me what looks like a fireplace mantle to surround the TV. It looks great! So now I can put up one of those Christmas villages, and hang stockings off the sides! Add some garland and bows, a nativity and a few other goodies, and that's my decorating.