View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 12:55 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,470 Times in 911 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda Elf View Post
I've never been much of a baker but a bakefest sounds like so much fun.
It is fun and I have a blast every year.
By the beginning of December I will have my recipes selected and my grocery list for any items that I need for my bakefest including foil, saran wrap, extra container, gift bags, etc.

Either the night before or first in the morning I will make any cookie dough that needs to be chilled so while they are chilling in the frig I can make other cookies. All cookies that need cookies cutters (sugar, gingerbread, etc) are done at the same time. This saves time from having to clean up the cookie cutters and flour once instaed of twice. All varieties of chocolate chips cookies are done at the same time. I will do double batches at a time. They all use the same basic ingredients except for the different chips so I will already have everything out. No searching for a misplaced ingredient or two.

I have the dinning room table covered with cooling racks and hot pads for the cookie sheets. I have a card table set up with the containers to store the cookies and another one as the cookie decorating station.

Once the cookies are all done then I do the cakes, muffins and brownies which is usually the second day.