View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 12:44 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,197 Times in 12,632 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith4always View Post
The past few weeks I've been on every tv station, newspaper, radio station - everything. Just trying to let our voices be heard that we didn't want budget cuts at our local state hospital here.
We saved some of the departments, but not Nathan's speech and OT.
That really bites and I find myself scrambling for other options.
There are 2 other hospitals here that have these programs. One I know nothing about, the other - won't go there at all. Been there done that.
They don't offer the same course of treatments Nathan has been getting and working for him, plus, parents aren't allowed in with their kids. Uhm...no. That doesn't work for me. I trust no one.
So, that really stinks. Nathan was making huge progress too. If they allow parents in at the other hospital, we might try. But the waiting lists are already filled to over flowing, now add all of our hospital's patients....can you say overloaded to the max? Ugh.
Might as well just drop out since it's going to be 6 months to a year or longer before we can begin treatment anyway.
Also, a week ago today, we were in a hit and run. Some idiot hit my truck and took off. I thought we were dying. Never been in a wreck in my life.
Terrible pain afterwards, but it's dying down now. But now I don't have a way to get Nathan to his vision therapy which is 80 + miles one way.
When it rains, it pours. The bright side in all this? We did manage to save those other departments. This is good.
I still have my kids and they don't have life or death health issues.
And I just saw a flock of robins in my front yard. Yep. I like robins. It's strange seeing them here in February though!!
that is so dissapointing and difficult for you. Hope you feel better quickly and figure out all the details.
hugs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
Faith4always (02-10-2012), sugar142286 (02-09-2012)