View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 11:59 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,273 Times in 5,922 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachRon View Post
It's very sad to see this happening this early in the year.It seems every year it starts earlier and earlier and every year it feels like the anti Christmas folks gain a little ground.Of course their the ones who gain tons of media coverage for their anti-Religion positions the media seems to eat that up.It seems all the rest of us can do is just keep saying Merry Christmas instead of happy holidays although that hardly seems to be enough.I know being just shy of 40 Christmas has changed a lot since my childhood and my kids see a much toned down version than when I was a kid.I only mean that in a public setting that is.How as Christmas lovers do we begin to reclaim all the ground that has been lost in this debate ? its about time we start to get moving before all thats left is a shell of what is one of the greatest holiday's of the year.
I share your frustration. I'm glad MMC is here as a focus for those who want to share the positive energy of Christmas with others, and as a reminder that some of us still believe in Christmas. It's a shame that it seems to be unpopular to champion the celebration of Christmas these days without someone crying that their rights are being violated. But it seems more and more as though it's perfectly acceptable to truncate the rights of those who want to celebrate Christmas. It would be horrible if the anti-Christmas adherents keep getting closer to driving Christmas underground. Let's keep the candles burning in the windows as much as we can.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (03-07-2012), made582 (03-07-2012), RachRon (03-07-2012)