View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 11:38 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,971 Times in 2,435 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
I loved reading this today from Andy Griffith, who talked about the passing of George Lindsay....

George Lindsey has passed away at the age of 83. The actor, who was best known for his portrayal of Goober Pyle on "The Andy Griffith Show", died early Sunday, May 6 morning at a healthcare center in Nashville, Tennessee after a brief illness, his manager and booking agent, Carrie Moore-Reed, informed the press.

Two of Lindsey's former co-stars, Andy Griffith and Ron Howard, have since expressed their grief over the loss. "George Lindsey was my friend," said 85-year-old Griffith in a statement that accompanied Lindsey family's announcement of his death. "I had great respect for his talent and his human spirit. In recent years, we spoke often by telephone."

Griffith continued to recall, "Our last conversation was a few days ago ... I am happy to say that as we found ourselves in our eighties, we were not afraid to say, 'I love you.' That was the last thing George and I had to say to each other. 'I love you.' " Meanwhile, Howard tweeted, "George Lindsey-warm intelligent lovable He generated lots of laughs & raised a lot of money for Special Olympics RIP George."

This isn't the kind of celebrity passage that gets a lot of notice because his work was so light-hearted but it should get more notice for the kind of man that he was.

RIP, George.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (05-11-2012), Christmasstar (05-14-2012), lauriebear (12-06-2012), made582 (05-11-2012), Maureen (05-07-2012), Meceka (05-07-2012), xmastidings (06-06-2012)