View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 04:48 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 82,228 Times in 13,851 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
stocking

Our big tree is more of a traditional tree, in a rustic kind of way. We do white lights, pinecones, have a wooden star w/ cranberries on it for the tree topper, and a country -primitive hand stitched tree skirt. It has some ornaments from our childhood, some woodsy ones we've bought on vacations to our favorite place up north, and ones we've collected throughout our relationship. Every year we pick out one new & special ornament for each other. This is also the tree where we put my Hallmark Keepsake ornaments. To finish it off, we toss some white, glittery snow on it.

We also have a smaller tree, which is a 4 ft. tree we decorate w/ multi-colored lights. We put my husband's comic book/superhero ornaments on this one, as well as some of my favorite cartoon ornaments, and tinsel. It's so fun! This one stays upstairs in our bedroom near a sitting area, so we can see it from where we sleep.

And we have a few miniature trees that we scatter about the house in various vignettes. One was one made by a friend of mine that has since passed away (she was a beautiful floral designer)- it has little burgundy bows on each branch, vintage gold balls, and a glittery/gold spray to highlight the branches- that one really means a lot to me. And another is a ceramic one just like My Grandma used to have, with multi-colored lights & all kinds of cute, painted on ornaments.

I believe you can never have enough Christmas trees!!