View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 05:18 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,197 Times in 12,632 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
A long time ago since I have been here.
Time is running and we have a lot to do.
The Kids are with us since 5 Weeks now.

After changing the guestroom to a Kids room and weekly visiting them in the Childrenīs Home (About 400 miles one way to drive) we could take them home.

But itīs not easy.... we need so many nerves.....

As I already told you they are to small and almost starved. But thatīs not all.
The youth office just told us they are traumatized. But they did not told us that they are also have a central nervous system damage, because there Mother drank Alcohol during the pregnancy. Thatīs called Fetal alcohol syndrome.
They need special education and a lot of time.

We have to train to eat with Knifes and Fork.
They still need diapers..
Just to sit quiet for 5 minutes is hard work.
They can not follow easy rules like "Donīt run with your drinking cup"

In September they can go to a special education kindergarten.

I donīt know if we are strong enough..they need professional educator
you sound like just the people to give them lots of love and hugs. You will be amazed at the inner strength you have. It sounds like it will be a lot of work but the change in those precious children will be so worth it.
I have a special needs son and he is such a blessing.
Get into support groups, always good to share with families who are in the same situation as you are.
Will be praying for you.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (06-17-2012), merrymistletoe (06-18-2012), Sabine (06-18-2012), snowflake22 (06-17-2012), Solice (06-18-2012)