View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 09:41 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Well, I don't know about Albums (although I've heard some pretty BAD Christmas music in my time) but I do know what gets my vote as the worst (and probably most overplayed) Christmas song of all time: Christmas Shoes.

For me Christmas is a time of joy, happiness, jingle bells and Holly Jolly Christmas stuff...and then the DJ plays that awful song and it all goes to..well, you know. Who writes a song like that at Christmas?? Who wants to listen to a Christmas song where the little kids mom is dying?? It's just way too sad and just makes me .

Oh, as a little side story. I had heard this song being played at work so everytime it would come on the radio station in the car, I would quickly change the station. Well, one day my DH was complaining that I always switched that song...he said he'd never heard it and he wanted to hear it. I tried to warn him about how sad it was but he said to leave it the next time it came on, so I did. It was Christmas Eve and we were driving to the in-laws, I started to change the station when the song came on but he asked me to leave it so he could hear it.

So, when the song was over, I looked over at him, his eyes were all puffy red from crying, tears streaming down his face.

I said "you're crying"

He said "OF COURSE I'M CRYING! What am I? Made of stone?"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunshine73 For This Useful Post:
GingerMel (11-19-2012), Yuletide Junkie (06-27-2013)