View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 09:09 AM
Santa Clausologist

officepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine73 View Post
"Christmas shoes" is sung by the Christian group 'New Song'. It's about this little boy whose mother is dying on Christmas Eve and he's trying to buy her a new pair of shoes so she'll look pretty when she goes to heaven and sees Jesus. It's told from the perspective of a man in line at the store with him, who helps him pay for the shoes since it turns out he doesn't have enough money to buy the shoes for his mom.

You can listen to it by visiting their MySpace page

http://www.myspace.com/newsongonline

It's listed in their little playlist that loads on the page, but I warn you, be prepared to cry.
Christmas Shoes HAS to be one of my favorite Christmas songs! I still cry every single time I hear no matter how many times that is!! My kids and I always cry through it.

I also like the song Maria's Gift about a little girl who goes to goes to give a gift to Baby Jesus but is so poor she can only give him a bird. It turns out that the bird is a Nightengale (spelling?) and it sings beautifully. It's the basic message that she gave all she had and it was perfect!! My kids like that one too.

Diana
The Following User Says Thank You to officepro4u For This Useful Post:
Yuletide Junkie (06-27-2013)