View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,265 Times in 13,280 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I have been a single mom since my youngest was only 7 years old (he is 24 now)
It takes a lot of love, humour and self control.
There were days when my house looked like a wind storm went through it, when going through the laundry meant finding an item that was least dirty to wear.
When a treat was I had enough flour and sugar to bake biscuits and the kids loved it.
An outing everyone got excited about was going to a new playground!
The kids learned from an early age to help around the house. They all did thier own laundry by the time they were 10. Dishes were done standing on a chair and sitting on the counter.
Baking cookies meant maxing a double batch so that one would end up baked. Making pizza got 4 little ones of what ever shape they designed and it took an hour to clean the kitchen after they were eaten.
Gingerbread house making took an entire day and more candy got eaten than went on the house.
TGIF night was a make the popcorn and stay up late night.

Of course there were the days when I fully understood why some animals ate their young! And the times when I so desperately wanted someone to say, "go and relax, I will deal with this!"

But you take the bad with the good, forget the bad and rejoice at the good times!
Love them, hug them, encourage them and discipline them when needed. (but never discipline in front of anyone, always in private)
Cry with them, laugh with them and be serious with them.
Let them see that you are human and have feelings. Talk about everything, explain the whys and why not.
Take them to a museum, a zoo, and a library.

Before you know it this time will be past, keep an up to date photo album.

Last edited by Christmasstar; 07-27-2012 at 07:07 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
Head Elf (08-13-2012), MerryNoel (07-27-2012), Solice (07-28-2012), Spyells (09-26-2012), sugar142286 (08-26-2012), whitney37354 (07-30-2012)