View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Merry Fourms Member

MandyKessler has shown a merry disposition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
It's a tough but very rewarding job. Not sure what to advise you, I always just went with the flow and did the best I could. You just have to get a routine down and take care of yourself as well!

My kids are both grown and graduated from college. Looking back, I sometimes said the heck with little things that had to be taken care of in the house and took the kids out to play, read to them, play games and more. It was more fun that way and they still have fond memories of what we did. They never looked back and said, "wow mom, you washed dishes or did laundry" Ha ha! They remember the fun stuff we did and the good times we had. I just didn't put a lot of pressure on myself. Don't get me wrong! I know responsibilities must be done and of course anything to do with the well being of your children (feeding them, keeping them clean, healthy, etc). Occasionally it's okay to let the little things go and enjoy life! You will feel better and so will your children.

Good luck and hope things work out for you!!!
This is sound advice. It's definitely not an easy job, but it is the most rewarding thing I've ever done with my life. I wouldn't trade one moment with my children for anything
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MandyKessler For This Useful Post:
made582 (08-25-2012), MerryNoel (08-25-2012), sugar142286 (08-26-2012)