Thread: CandyCane Bark
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 10:44 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

SnowMaiden1018 has disabled reputation
santahat

Hey Guys Im back with another tried and delectable way to use those candy canes!!
My lil Girl Cayla actually came up with this one, I was skeptical at first..but ohmhy its sooo good!

And it sooo easy, My 8 year old daughter made it herself (i stood guard of course while workn at the stove but you get the idea!)

CaylaRose's CandyCane Pie

You will need:

A Keebler graham cracker crust
a box of COOK AND SERVE chocolate pudding (if you use instant, your pudding pie will be a watery mess in the morning! Trust me!)
a box of cool whip
and a bunch of crushed candy canes--it really depends on how much you like em!

Cook pudding as directed.
Divide in half
Pour one half of pudding into crust.
put in freezer for 5 to 10 minutes (just enough to get a chill on it, at the same time put other half of pudding in freezer too)

ok now its cooler--take container of pudding and fold *FOLD* in cool whip (about half)
I say fold, because you want to keep the fluffiness of the cool whip!
Now get your candy canes that you crushed while everything was cooling
Sprinkle a layer on the pudding that is in the pie crust. Now add the cool whip/pudding mixture.
Add another layer of candycanes.
Taking the remaining cool whip, spread as much or as little as you want on top of the pie.
Garnish with tiny candy canes or using a spoon make like dollops of cool whip and top with more candy canes--
dolloping near the crust every inch or so!!

Not only is it pretty, its sooo good.
I recommend allowing to cool in the fridge for at least 2 hours the longer the better
but also freezing for one hour, it becomes almost like a pudding pop on a crust lol!
YUM!

OK well there you have it!
Its good and easy to make. The whole thing literally takes about 15 minutes including the freeze time inbetween!

Good luck and please let me know if you try and let me know what you think!