View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 10:45 PM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Storeytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I love the look of the incandscents much better. They are so much warmer and for me, reminiscent of all my childhood memories.

But, when you put as many lights up as I do and you use light controllers the attraction is the amount of lights you can burn without burning up your wallet paying the electric bill. My bill every year for my outside display is around $350.00. As much as I like the old lights, my bad economic situation is being more and more attracted to LED's. Of course the downside to that is that they aren't producing them at a price that offsets the energy consumption yet.

As for the fuzzy, dizzying look. It's because you're looking at LED's that aren't full wave. All the LED's you get at Walmart, Target, etc. are not full wave. That also means that they aren't dimmable, which is a no no for someone who sequences their lights like I do. I have only mixed a few in to my display, but they are full wave.
Christmasstar (09-27-2012), Holiday (09-27-2012), sublimesting (09-27-2012)