View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 10:29 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
Yeah, I listen to Christmas Music through online radio stations on occasion throughout the year, but that doesn't count for me. For me, the "first song" is whatever airs on the radio first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddeby
That's what I do too! And I make note of the last song playing on the radio Christmas Day evening when I turn off the radio as I know the next morning I won't hear anymore. That's always sad for me.
Oh yeah, I try and catch the last song of the Christmas season as well. And then catch the first song of "regular" music, to see what the radio station leads off with. That's interesting as well.

Two Christmas seasons ago, my local radio station kept the Christmas music going until Dec. 31st at Midnight. The next to last song they played was "Joy to the World" by Anne Murray (the best of the hymns, in my opinion). Then the last song they played was "Same Old Lang Syne" by Dan Fogelberg (a sad song which marks a fitting end to the season). Then midnight struck, and the first song they played was "That's What Friends Are For" by Dionne Warwick and Elton John, and that was followed by "We Are Family" by Sister Sledge. A good start to the year.