View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 11:06 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,059 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minta View Post
Growing up Thanksgiving was a simple day for my parents and myself but it was filled with enough food to fed an army. I can remember waking up to the smell of sauteed celery and onions and the turkey roasting away in the oven. My mom would be busy in the kitchen making dish after dish, by dinner time there would so many different dishes that you would not be able to find an empty spot on the table.

That is a wonderful smell, celery and onions sauteed, ummmm and wasn't those days nice when Mom was in the kitchen making the holiday meal and as a kid all we did was sit down and enjoy. I miss those days. I can remember that was the time Mom used her good tableware and I got to put it around the table. The knives, spoons and forks were not fancy or expensive but to my Mom, it was her good set. I have it today, I could not bear to part with it.