View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 09:50 AM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,024 Times in 175 Posts
Anne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elf
Merry Christmas in early November?

I'm not really sure what to think of this and wanted a little feedback--a poster in another Christmas group posted about a week ago that she was "taking Christmas back" and had started greeting others with "Merry Christmas" and repeating it until the other person said "Merry Christmas". She was quite upset that so many people wouldn't say the words "Merry Christmas". So, this was maybe the 2nd of November and in the US--so before Election Day, Veterans Day and Thanksgiving. I love Christmas deeply, but I think getting mad that people aren't saying "Merry Christmas" two months before the day is a little much. What really surprised me was that aside from a couple people who pointed out that it was a little early, a lot of people were taking the attitude of "I insist on Merry Christmas and anyone who doesn't like it is being politically correct and can go hide under a rock". It seems to me that there are many very legitimate reasons not to want to say Merry Christmas that darn early, and that making an issue of this is not a good thing. But maybe I'm wrong. What do you think?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anne_Langston For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-06-2014), xmasbug (11-14-2012)