View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,398 Times in 5,942 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Westover View Post
I think the insistence at saying "Merry Christmas" is wrong any time. You can say "Happy Holidays" and NOT be offensive. The whole thing is just stupid.
Amen to that. I love to hear the words Merry Christmas, of course, but if someone wants to wish me Season's Greetings, Happy Holidays, or Happy Anything, it makes me just as happy. There's no one right way to celebrate Christmas, and there's no wrong way to share the greetings. What gets me irritated is those who object to the word Christmas. But those who INSIST on it give the holiday a bad reputation.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Anne_Langston (11-11-2012), Neotericisis (11-12-2012), snowflake22 (03-06-2014), Solice (11-12-2012)