View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 01:05 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,429 Times in 9,037 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Great idea! (Sorry I didn't see this thread until now, I missed a lot of days on here).

I have done a few things that have been mentioned on here. As George Broderick mentioned being nice to a cashier. I have run into so many that seem like they are not in the best of moods and I cannot judge what kind of day they have had so I make sure to make conversation with them. It usually makes them happy.

I have anonymously given food and other items to people in need by placing things on their porch. Wayne and I bought food for a homeless man standing outside a fast food place while we were in the drive thru. Poor guy was starving and gobbled every bit up. Made me feel bad, I wanted to do more. (Maybe I should have!) That makes me feel kind of crummy that we only did this once.

Snowflake, It has been a tradition of mine for almost 20 years to put money in the Salvation Army Kettle every time I see one. It's usually loose change but I just love seeing those kettles, hearing the bell ring and cannot resist!

I am a sucker when it comes to all animals and do all I can to help any living creature, domesticated or wild, that comes near my home whether it be food, shelter or medical needs.

In general I try to reach out to people year round but I feel I could do more and try to improve all the time. I don't want to come across as bragging on anything I have done (it's really not that much) but this thread is to give ideas is the only reason I am posting this. I know most of you know about me reaching out to animals since I bring it up from time to time.

Thank you for this thread. Since I want to work on doing better for people, this thread is great for tips and general reminders to do good in this world! I sometimes feel terribly guilty for passing up an opportunity to do for others. I will see a situation and do not act on it then it hits me later what I should have done! This thread will inspire me to do more!

By all the post I am seeing here, we have a great group of people! You all have done some awesome things and thank you for your contribution to all!

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
merrymistletoe (12-05-2012), snowflake22 (03-16-2014)