View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 09:20 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 81,983 Times in 13,815 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Christmas Ball 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
That is a really good idea! Especially, the gas cards and coffee, I know I cannot go without either; lol...

When I was small, I would find little things in my stocking, like candies and personal items like cologne, little bath soaps and such or a small toy, an orange or something. I mean, that was in the mid to late 60's and early 70's, does anyone still do that, or is that somewhat of a dated idea?
We mostly did candy, ornaments, Christmas socks, actual little
things! =] Nowadays, I see people spending the kind of $ I would spend on a regular gift, and not a stocking stuffer..

Funny you should mention bath soaps! My sister & I always got my Dad an English Leather soap on a rope. Ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
I was kinda hoping that there would be alot more of different ideas, more or less just to see what other families do all across the country... Or even, in other countries as well. What about lottery scratch-offs, is that a good idea to put in a stocking?
I've seen people do that, too. I think that's a fun idea!!