View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 11:16 PM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Storeytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I'm with you Adam. I've posted the same thing many years here. But, I've found some ways that help including the ones in the blog on this site (I don't have the link in front of me, but it had 5 tips for helping with the PCB's)

First, being here at MMC and knowing that it's OK to celebrate the magic of Christmas year round. My PCB's have gotten a lot better since I've been a member here.

Some of the things I do to help:
  1. I record a lot of local Christmas radio programing and then I can listen to it year round. But it especially helps right now as that was what I would listen to as I did my morning devotional, with my coffee by the tree. So, now I just put my recorded music on an enjoy that same feeling while doing my reading. And my tree will be up till about January 6th or so.
  2. I record a lot of Christmas shows on DVR and keep on watching them after Christmas. In fact, I am doing a lot of catching up on ones that I missed during the season.
  3. I like what the writer of the previously mentioned blog (I think it was Jeff) said. YOU decide when Christmas is over, not the calender. I've done that for some time. I used to feel funny about that, but I quit caring what other people think about my outside lighting display being on into January a few years ago as I've gotten bolder about being a total Christmas maniac.
  4. I never have time to read all my Christmas books that I like to read during the season, so I catch up on those.
  5. My kids and I celebrate the 12 Days of Christmas starting on Christmas Day by singing each day of the song before we go to bed. In other words today is the sixth day so we start the song on the sixth day and go backwards.
  6. I've determined in my heart to keep the feeling of Christmas and the love and joy all year long. That's hard for me because I've very involved in politics, but I'm determined not to let politics get the best of me this year.
  7. Don't mean to ruffle any feathers, we all have our own way of celebrating Christmas, but I couldn't disagree more with those who are ready to move on and get back to normal. Normal is boring, who is to say what is normal anyway? To me, Christmas is what is normal. The rest of the year what is not normal. I listen to Christmas music all year round and watch Christmas TV any time I want.
Read that blog I mentioned also, it may help: OK, I've quit being lazy and looked it up: http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=49568

Merry Sixth Day of Christmas Adam!
'Tis the season (01-01-2013), Adam (12-31-2012), caninemom3 (12-31-2012), ClaireLovesChristmas (01-01-2013), gabulldawg (12-31-2012), snowflake22 (01-18-2014)