View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 12:03 AM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,500 Times in 9,289 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
You know something, your right! During the transfer process last night, I discovered that with the oldest vcr tapes that I was transferring the old home movies from, they were really starting to degrade. With the colors turning a reddish hue and also grainey, then I got to thinking about things a bit, back then, when my son was born, 1992, my father-in-law had a old style vhs camera (the one whith the tape inside it). I would surmize then, (since he's an "el cheapo", a nice guy, but cheap) he most likely used vhs tapes that he had recorded on, over and over again that he most likely bought in the 80's....

I'm glad I decided to do this now, and discovered this, before we lost any movies of my son as a baby. This is a point made, where all things are meant to be for some reason or another, don't you agree....

Oh, by the way, the first vhs tape transfer - a six hour process! I got done at 3 am last night; another lesson learned to start earlier in the day... lol

So glad you are able to transfer such precious memories. I have old reel to reel tapes I wish I could transfer to some other form. The tapes are of me as a child at Christmas with my parents and siblings....

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (01-20-2013), Meceka (01-23-2013), Seawaters (01-20-2013), shellie12 (01-20-2013), snowflake22 (01-20-2013), xmas365 (01-20-2013)