View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 03:12 PM
*<[:{) Ho ho ho!!!

Last Achievements

Thanked 69,976 Times in 13,907 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I didn't know that about the Grasshoppers! Thanks for the tip. Although, it might have been better that I didn't know.
Sorry, I have heard Keebler cookies are actually very close to Girl Scout Cookies.

Here is what Lifehacker.com has to say about them:

The Grasshoppers are very similar to Thin Mints, but use milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate. This gives them a slightly sweeter, more chocolatey taste, but they're pretty comparable, and would certainly keep you from going through withdrawal of the crack-like Thin Mints.

The Coconut Dreams also use milk chocolate instead of the usual dark, though it's a bit harder to taste the difference than it is with the Thin Mints. I did notice that there is a slight difference in texture: the Coconut Dreams are a bit crunchier, while the Samoas are a bit chewier. The caramel-to-cookie to ratio just seems a bit higher on the Samoas. That said, the two are probably the most similar cookies we found in the taste test, and most people would probably have a hard time telling them apart.

We couldn't try the Peanut Butter Filled cookies, but after a bit of research, it seems they're the most distant from their Girl Scout counterparts, Tagalongs. While Tagalongs use a white cookie in the center (topped with peanut butter and chocolate), the Keebler cookie uses a chocolate cookie on the inside instead. This is likely to produce a very different tasting cookie, though they might suffice if you're hankering for some Tagalongs in the summer.

Last edited by xmas365; 01-28-2013 at 03:34 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xmas365 For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-28-2013), Ryan (01-28-2013), Seawaters (01-28-2013), snowflake22 (01-28-2013), sugar142286 (05-26-2013)