View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 08:27 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,342 Times in 12,630 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
The news about my retirement is NOTHING compared with Coach's wonderful announcement. How marvelous!

My party was absolutely WONDERFUL. There were so many people there, including the district superintendent, a school board member, a former district secretary, three former and present custodians, two of my former aides, six teachers who retired several years ago, our present school secretary, the principal, a few teachers and the counselor from the Intermediate School (junior high), and about 24 of the other teachers on staff. I could not believe it! And the gifts!!! Lots of bouquets and arrangements of flowers, balloons, candy, a $20 gift card to Starbucks, a $50 gift certificate to Farwood (an upscale restaurant), a $150 gift certificate to The Galley (a gourmet cooking store in Chico), four bottles of wine, so many hugs and well wishes (the BEST), and a dog toy that is a pig that grunts when you pick it up! The school secretary had one in her candy dish on her desk that I admired and laughed at every day, so she said she had to get one for me. I really laughed out loud at that one because I had plans to go out to Wal-Mart and get myself one this weekend!!! I also will receive $1000 from the district. Am I lucky or what??? And the food!!! Oh, my! Fruit, chips, dips of every kind (7-layer Mexican dip, spinach dip, black bean and corn salsa, dill dip, and one other that I cannot remember right now), cookies, cheese ball with all the trimmings (ham, salami, crackers, etc.), pretzels made with a garlic-dill coating that is out of this world, brownies, a huge veggie tray, a huge carrot cake with the best frosting (!!!), and other stuff that I cannot remember. They wanted me to bring the leftovers home, but I said to put them in the staff lounge fridge for tomorrow. I did bring home a few things: cheese ball, the coated pretzels, two brownies and two pieces of carrot cake. YUMMO is all I can say!

I gave a short speech (I will share it in another post) and then the partying began and lasted for three hours. I was exhausted when I got home. Time for a rest!
ballcoach (01-30-2013), Bradmac (01-31-2013), caninemom3 (01-30-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (01-31-2013), Christmasstar (01-31-2013), made582 (01-30-2013), Meceka (02-02-2013), mgramsey (01-31-2013), Ryan (01-31-2013), snowflake22 (01-30-2013), whitney37354 (01-31-2013), xmas365 (01-30-2013)