View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 08:40 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,597 Times in 4,609 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post

My party was absolutely WONDERFUL. There were so many people there, including the district superintendent, a school board member, a former district secretary, three former and present custodians, two of my former aides, six teachers who retired several years ago, our present school secretary, the principal, a few teachers and the counselor from the Intermediate School (junior high), and about 30 of the other teachers on staff. I could not believe it! And the gifts!!! Lots of bouquets and arrangements of flowers, balloons, candy, a $20 gift card to Starbucks, a $50 gift certificate to Farwood (an upscale restaurant), a $150 gift certificate to The Galley (a gourmet cooking store in Chico), four bottles of wine, so many hugs and well wishes (the BEST), and a dog toy that is a pig that grunts when you pick it up! The school secretary had one in her candy dish on her desk that I admired and laughed at every day, so she said she had to get one for me. I really laughed out loud at that one because I had plans to go out to Wal-Mart and get myself one this weekend!!! I also will receive $1000 from the district. Am I lucky or what??? And the food!!! Oh, my! Fruit, chips, dips of every kind (7-layer Mexican dip, spinach dip, black bean and corn salsa, dill dip, and one other that I cannot remember right now), cookies, cheese ball with all the trimmings (ham, salami, crackers, etc.), pretzels made with a garlic-dill coating that is out of this world, brownies, a huge veggie tray, a huge carrot cake with the best frosting (!!!), and other stuff that I cannot remember. They wanted me to bring the leftovers home, but I said to put them in the staff lounge fridge for tomorrow. I did bring home a few things: cheese ball, the coated pretzels, two brownies and two pieces of carrot cake. YUMMO is all I can say!
Well deserved, friend. Well deserved.

Have glove will travel
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ballcoach For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (01-31-2013), caninemom3 (01-31-2013), Christmasstar (01-31-2013), Seawaters (01-30-2013), snowflake22 (01-30-2013), xmas365 (01-30-2013)