View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 07:16 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,598 Times in 5,981 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Made it to Wednesday! This week hasn't been so bad at the office, but it sounds like next week is going to be a tough one. A major campaign and some rough deadlines coming up, plus they may be moving some of our desks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
This weekend will probably when that happens since it looks like we have a major snowstorm coming one model saying we will be getting 1-3 inches and the European model saying we will be getting 12+ inches, of course the European has been the more accurate of the two, so I am glad I have the weekend off.
I'm keeping a worried eye on that ... I'll be concerned about getting home safely on Friday. Depending on how the timing develops, I'd be driving in the teeth of it. I don't mind going slow and being careful, but the other drivers out there ... I'd rather not be among them when the roads are slippery. Well, it's two days away yet. We'll see what develops.

It's the 35th anniversary of the Blizzard of 1978 today. I was still in school in Maryland at the time. It was good for a few days off, as I recall. And the snow was above my knees. We got an ice glaze on top of it that made walking very difficult---had to stomp on the ice to break it, then sink into knee-high snow. Mr. tells me that driving was prohibited in Massachusetts for days during the cleanup.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (02-06-2013), caninemom3 (02-06-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (02-06-2013), mgramsey (02-06-2013), Seawaters (02-06-2013), snowflake22 (02-06-2013), xmas365 (02-06-2013)